Posting Number: SC320
Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Job Hours: Monday-Friday – 8am-5pm
Description: Mercy Flights is accepting applications for a full-time Safety Coordinator.
Established in 1949, Mercy Flights is a non-for-profit company that was the first civil air ambulance service in the United States. Our focus is on serving the community by providing quality clinical service, at a reasonable cost for 911 ambulance, helicopter and fixed wing transport. We are located in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Medford, Oregon, known for it’s great outdoor recreational opportunities. This position will be responsible to maintain a just safety culture by executing safety programs, analyzing safety needs, overseeing surveillance inspections, and providing support to ensure safe working environments.
- Hours: 40 hours/week. (non-exempt), Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Starting Pay rate: $26.45/hr. (DOE).
- Benefits: Company paid medical, dental & vision coverage, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k, and vacation time.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Acts as facilitator for safety committee meetings.
- Provides expert knowledge in all areas of safety. Stays current and knowledgeable in industry safety trends.
- Develops company safety policies and procedures related to safety program management.
- Administers safety related training to new and current employees.
- Conducts routine safety inspections and audits of all company facilities.
- Investigates safety incidents and evaluates preventative measures to reduce future risks.
- Develops and maintains Job Hazard Analysis documents for all positions in the company.
- Ensures Safety Data Sheet (SDS) are maintained and readily accessible to all employees.
- Leads communication on all company safety related manners and provides direct feedback to senior leadership on safety related items. Coordinates with Managers and Supervisors to provide guidance on safety work practices.
- Assures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Occupational Safety and Health preferred but not required
- ASP or CSP certification preferred.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in aviation safety, the FAA Safety Management System and/or Healthcare and emergency medical services preferred.
- Requires computer proficiency including experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of internet software and web based applications.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with others with a positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to speak in front of groups in an encouraging and productive manner.
- Computer data entry and retrieval along with strong data analysis knowledge required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
How to apply:
Complete an application packet by clicking on the blue button below or call the Human Resources Department at (541) 858-2639. To ensure consideration, a completed application packet must be received no later than Friday, April 3,2020. Applications submitted after the closing date and resumes and/or applications that are incomplete, will not be accepted or considered for review.
Application packets may be submitted by:
* Email to MercyFlightsHR@gmail.com;
* Fax at (541) 772-1773;
* In person at 2020 Milligan Way, Medford, OR